Welcome to the Renko chart day trading strategies and method training website. I want to discuss our Renko trading strategies, day trading method trade setups, along with our Renko training program.
After day trading bar charts since 1996, I switched to Renko chart day trading in 2013. Why make the switch after all the time trading and teaching a different trading method?
As will be explained further in the trading videos, it was related to the clarity that the Renko bricks gave for trading, when compared to the ‘noise’ that often occurred on the tick bar charts that were being traded at the time.
Renko Chart Day Trading Strategies Videos
When you watch the video, especially note the comparison between the tick bar chart and the Renko brick chart, along with the marked trade setups and trades:
- Tick bar chart irregular and different sized bar
- Tick bar chart trades based on a chart reverse, followed by a trade entry – the timing could be confusing
- Renko chart is made of all the same sized bricks
- Renko method setup and trade entry timing has been a clearer method for the traders in the group to learn
Click Here to Watch Video: Welcome To Renko Chart Trading
Renko Day Trading Method Overview
The 4 videos below will give you a further overview and a better understanding of our Renko day trading method strategies.
More specifically these trading videos will discuss:
- Renko chart and brick construction
- Trading indicators and how they are used
- Method trade setups – there are 3 of them
- Method trade setup filters and how they are used to avoid trading in low odds conditions
When you watch the videos on trade setup filters, especially note the video on filtering for consolidation. It doesn’t matter what trading method you trade – if you trade inside of consolidation you are likely going to get ‘whipsawed’ and accumulate trading losses.
Here are the links to the Renko chart day trading method overview videos:
- Renko Charts And Indicators
- Renko Trading Method Setups
- Renko Trade Setup Filters
- Renko Trading Filter For Consolidation
Renko Trading Strategies Member Training Videos
I also wanted to include a couple of our Renko strategies member training videos. These training videos will discuss all aspects of the trading method, along with giving a trade review.
Renko Trading Strategies Training Video1
- Emini NQ Renko chart trading – start the video with 4 marked circles and ask if these were all method trade setups
- The answer is yes BUT we hadn’t added our trading prices yet – when we go back to the left and mark the chart for what was a double top high and a double top higher high, all 4 trades were price filtered and avoided losing trades
- Discussion of price filtering for trade entry and for trade management – a trade was held against a price envelope reverse a brick above support, additionally, there were trade setup filters for momentum and a transition into consolidation
- Discussion of profit expansion through the previous diagonal, where the trade had a 3:1 risk-reward to next price or the next counter brick
Renko Trading Strategies Training Video2
- Gold Renko chart trading and review, starting with discussion of price and if/how they are relevant to the right of a vertical line, and then going back to the left to determine where they came from
- Understand how the price action at these prices on the right side is confirming their continued relevance and that they belonged on the chart as trading prices
- Trading price importance as a trade setup filter, but also for trade management – price may be a profit target, as well as a hold on retrace before a profit — consider a price extreme reverse that goes up 2 bricks but then retraces 4 ticks – the trade has not been stopped out and there is a double bottom-price hold
- Price-indicator combination Renko trade setup – any time we have a combination of setup components, we have increased the odds of the trade
Renko Member Trading Group
Enjoy these videos, along with the rest of the articles and videos in the Renko Chart Trading Strategies Website; I will be continually adding new content.
If you have any questions or would like more information, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
And if I could help you with your Renko chart day trading and you would like to join the member trading group, you can click the link to join below.
As a member, you will receive my trading indicators that have been coded for NinjaTrader and TradeStation. As well you will get access to all of the method member training videos; there are 2-3 new videos that are done each week.